Saturday, June 7, 2008

Roma Tomato Ban



It seems there has been a roma tomato salmonella outbreak in the Southwest. I was severely angered when Brother, Scotch Tape, Jessums, and I were unable to slather our Chipotle burrito bowls with their mild salsa. Besides, we're not even in the southwest....we're not eating Mexican tomatoes :)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,362544,00.html

It seems that a hundred or so Salmonella outbreaks in some small children ruins the Chipotle experience nationwide.

5 comments:

Chief said...

Chipotle is delightful. The best value in fast food, bar none.

This highlights the long supply lines that our food travels. If we want fresh tomatoes in the winter (even late spring), we obviously must transport them from places that can grow them. Or build some really big greenhouses...

Winston Smith said...

To tie this in with the obesity post, salmonella undoubtedly causes diaherreaaaa which is an excellent catalyst for weight loss. Fast food could make you skinnier.

Chief said...

I was denied the pleasure of mild salsa on my burrito today. I hope they get this straightened out soon. I heard that McDonalds is phasing fresh tomatoes back into its menu in the next 7-10 days.

Chief said...

Chipotle Tomato Notice

Chief said...

Update:

They've had fresh tomatoes the last two times I've been to Chipotle.