Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Nike+ Sport Band


I have been testing the Nike+ Sport Band with varied success.

Pros:
The trendy wristband with clock and digital read out is very user friendly and barely noticeable while running.

Just unplug your wristband piece and pop it into a USB port on your computer and your workout is uploaded to the Nike+ homepage that tracks your mileage.

The cost ($60) is very reasonable.

Cons:
I have had varying success with the accuracy of the band. My first run was horrendous, partly because proper directions were practically nonexistent (think IKEA, only 10 times worse). But, I calibrated it after the first run and it has been almost perfect since. I double check my mileage with mapmyrun.com

Overall, I've been rather pleased with the Nike+ Sport Band. Has anyone else used this or higher end devices such as Garmin?

2 comments:

Chief said...

Re: IKEA - Did you use the bent allen wrench?

I have a Garmin Forerunner 201 that is great. I have had little success with any type of heart rate monitor.

Winston Smith said...

I just bought a Suunto t3c, as suggested in Men's Health. I will soon look, act, perform and speak like David Beckham. The watch seems pretty hand, but I have yet to use it for a daily workout routine. I will keep everyone posted.